J. Dudley Digges joins the practice of Mr. Sasscer. The firm becomes known as Sasscer & Digges.

1936

After serving as a decorated pilot in WWII in the South Pacific, and returning for his 3rd year in law at Georgetown, Hal Clagett joins the firm.

1947

Mr. Digges is appointed to be one of 3 circuit court judges serving 4 Southern Maryland Counties.

1949

After serving as the first County Attorney for Prince George’s County, Jerrold (Jerry) V. Powers joins the law firm, which becomes Sasscer, Clagett & Powers.

1951

Jim Bucher joins the law firm.

1958

Mr. Sasscer unexpectedly dies.

1964

Charles E. Channing, already an accomplished trial lawyer, joins the firm. Mr. Bucher becomes a partner. The firm is known as Sasscer, Clagett, Powers & Channing.

1965

A Yale Law School graduate, gifted athlete and political activist, Tom Farrington joins the firm.

1966

Former SCB member J. Dudley Digges is appointed to the Court of Appeals; after clerking on the Court of Appeals and working for 3 years at another law firm, Jim Salmon joins the firm.

1969

Jerry Powers is appointed to the newly formed Court of Special Appeals; the firm becomes Sasscer, Clagett, Channing & Bucher

1970

The firm, now known as Sasscer, Clagett & Bucher, moves from its original location to its current office on the west side of the Courthouse.

1998

Attorneys of Sasscer, Clagett & Bucher

2015